Less Than 4 Hours To Game 6
Since last we posted, I am:
1) Staying away from Sports Talk Radio, MLB Radio, even ESPN. OK, I’m still hitting all the web sites (mostly the Rangers friendly ones), but overall, I’m trying to avoid both over-analysis and Yankees lovers.
2) Catching up on the new Elton John/Leon Russell CD- you’re not going to hear any radio friendly hits, but you will hear some good songs by two masters of the craft. I reccommend “Monkey Suit”, “Hey Ahab” and “In The Hands of Angels”.
3) Deciding that virtually everything I’ve been doing since Thursday morning will be added to my “Superstitions That Will Be Repeated Forever” list should Texas win tonight.
4) Actually getting some work done at the office, much to the surprise and, dare I say, pleasure of my superiors.
5) Having a conversation with my wife that does not include any mention of Josh Hamilton, pitching match-ups or misguided National Beat Writers, much to her surprise and, dare I say, delight.
6) Lying about #5. Every conversation with her includes Rangers talk. She even initiates some of it!
7) Trying to keep a positive frame of mind. 40 years has taught me to expect failure from my favorite team. I am SO ready for that streak to end!
We’re just a few short hours away from finding out.